Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Week #6, Exercise 14 Tagging, Folksonomies

I can't the statistics as to how many people are tagging, blogging, and using all the new trends in technology. When I tried searching for school library learning 2.0 - in blog it gave me 377 results. in tagging it provided me with 980 bookmarks, and blog directory 1, 900 results. The results were different. I searched on blogs, searches, and tags and what I found most interesting was all the information, links that are provided. It's surprising how many blogs are listed, they even provide favorite blogs, to narrow it down. The tagging seems great but I am overwhelmed with all this information, I guess the disadvantages about all this , is that for beginners like me it covers a lot and sometimes complicated steps to follow. But there are numerous advantages for high school and college students. For research or simply to stay informed. I guess it's a matter of playing with it and becoming familiar with all the features and what is out there.

No comments: