Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Week 7, Exercise #16, Wikis

I have enjoyed every single exercise in this training, but this one has been my best one. It has so much helpful information that I can implement in the library. Whenever I had questions or needed some kind of orientation I didn't know where to look and I didn't want to be bothering other colleagues because everybody is very busy during the school year. With this exercise I have the answers to all my questions and doubts. I really enjoyed the curriculum connection with this exercise. Students can work on research and then include different point of views from other people. In history they can compile a list of famous writers or inventors from certain cities, states or countries, they can also create trading cards of famous people, or come up with a top 10 list of scientist, artists, poets, etc. I checked the wikis and there was one that included a Booklovers Summer Reading Club. It should a listing of what members read during the summer, it also provides lists of different book titles for different categories. There was also the Teacherlibrarianwiki which was my best one. It contained links to blogs, copyright sources, organization and communication in elementary and at different levels, a link for new librarians, library survival strategies, current library news, copyright laws and so much more, this would be a great application to use within libraries. Everything I learned was very interesting and I am going to put in use this coming school year.

No comments: